I’ve been slowly gathering ideas because there are a few special people in my world expecting babies. What would a person that is starting to learn wayyyyy too much about toxic baby products give as a baby gift? Here is a compilation of very affordable ideas that I’ve bookmarked over the last few months. I’m sure there’s a few you haven’t seen!
1. Milk Lush, organic baby quilt. Made by an amazingly talented new mom, her line of organic quilts are the perfect size. These are a special, affordable, and a unique present. Her choice of fabrics is magical and each quilt is one of a kind made with 100% cotton, stuffed with organic cotton batting, and the side that is dreamy next to a baby is minky. (If you haven’t felt this material…it is amazingly soft!) It has tabs for baby to chew and that can attach to the stroller or carrier so you don’t loose it. She is currently sold out of her quilts, but will have new designs on her Etsy site on August 15th so stay tuned! Check out these sweet designs from Ashely.
2. Whipstitch Backstitch These Eco-friendly stuffies will be available in the Fall, (I’m just a tease) but I had to show off this latest find! A wildly talented artist has created environmentally conscious creatures that children will adore! Looking for the perfect 1st friend or stuffie for baby? These are hand stitched with love and are filled with Ecofill stuffing (recycled plastic that is non-toxic). I was lucky enough to be invited to a ‘preview’ of these creations and they are special. If you fall in love, keep checking her website for details on when and where you can purchase these. The owls, elephant, and snail were my personal favorites!
3. Sophie The Giraffe. This adorable teething/sucking toy is 100% safe for a baby to mouth and they love it! She’s been around France since 1961 and has become the ‘it’ toy for babies because she’s made from natural rubber and non-toxic paint. She also squeaks and is perfect for little hands.
4. Petit Flaneur Wooden Blocks. A safe, handmade toy that baby can grow into. Besides for blocks, I don’t think babies or toddlers play with much else besides water and dirt. Blocks are the perfect gift -especially these handmade blocks meant to span from an infant into school years with stacking, a unique puzzle, and the apples and ice-cream (tic-tac-toe) game. The 12 block set contains various types of high quality, untreated reclaimed wood (unused hardwood scrap), ranging from maple, oak, walnut, cherry, and poplar- each set contains a unique combination of some or all of these woods.
5. Baby Cubes by Petite Creations. You can order these ice cube trays on-line (yes from a Canadian estore) via the Nayla Natural Care site to store home-made baby food. They have a great price point and unlike our nasty old ice-cube trays that are plastic and contain who knows what? … they make sure to include in the description that they are phthalate and BPA free. They also come with some great features with detachable cubes and are microwave/freezer/dishwasher safe.
For more incredible gift ideas for babies, please refer to these articles:
Thank you for your interest in the Mommy Footprint contest for a Trukid Prizepack! The winner has been contacted and has received their give-away. Stay tuned for our next contest.